برنامج Hotspot Shield | برنامج Internet Download Manager | برنامج كاسبر سكاى | برنامج جوجل كروم | تحميل فايرفوكس

• Comedian takes role at club he has supported since 1969
• 'All I really want is for Crystal Palace to win every game'

Crystal Palace have announced that Eddie Izzard, a boyhood Palace fan, has become an associate director of the Championship side.

The comedian and actor told the club's website that he was delighted to be invited to take the role.

"I am very happy to lend my support to Crystal Palace FC by becoming an associate director of the club," he said. "With Dougie Freedman as our manager and the new young players coming up through our academy – I hope that Crystal Palace will be pushing forward to new heights with all of them succeeding to the best of their ability – and further.

"All I really want is for Crystal Palace to win every game from now until the end of time. That's all. I know that's a tough thing to ask but that really is what I want. You see, I've been a fan or a supporter of Palace since 1969. At times I've been a fan and at times I've been just a supporter because I'm afraid I'm a bad loser and if we don't win games – I don't deal with it well.

"I tend to swear in front of children and shout at televisions in pubs. I know everyone has to deal with this and I've tried to mature my behaviour as my life has progressed, but in this one area I am still like the teenager I was in the 70s, living and dying every week for the football games I was playing myself or watching Palace play.

"So I have circled the idea of trying to do something to help Palace for years and now I'm in. What I can actually do – I'm not sure. But if you know anything about me, I am a determined bastard and I don't like to give in."

He is not the first comic actor or comedian to become a director of a football club, even if Izzard's post is thought to be honorary and not to come with any executive responsibilities. Izzard's friend Stephen Fry is currently on the board at Norwich City, Tommy Cannon was chairman of Rochdale in the 1980s and Tommy Trinder served as Fulham's chairman from 1959-76.

The Palace chief executive, Phil Alexander, said: "I am delighted that Eddie has signed up to be an associate director at Palace. He is an iconic entertainer and we hope that he can find enough time during his busy year to attend as many games as possible." Read More

هل تريد وضع المحتوى السابق فى موقعك او مدونتك مجانا؟؟
انسخ الكود التالى و ضعه فى موقعك او مدونتك.

موضوعات عشوائية

الارشيف