برنامج Hotspot Shield | برنامج Internet Download Manager | برنامج كاسبر سكاى | برنامج جوجل كروم | تحميل فايرفوكس

• LA Galaxy midfielder will not feature in Team GB side
• Overage players set to be Bellamy, Giggs and Richards
From Manchester to LA, Beckham's career in summary

The former England captain David Beckham has spoken of his disappointment after the shock decision to leave him out of the Team GB Olympic football squad.

The team's coach, Stuart Pearce, was expected to select Beckham as one of his overage players, alongside Craig Bellamy and Ryan Giggs when he announces the squad next week. However, it is understood he has chosen Manchester City's Micah Richards instead.

Beckham said: "Everyone knows how much playing for my country has always meant to me. So I would have been honored to have been part of this unique Team GB squad. Naturally, I am very disappointed, but there will be no bigger supporter of the team than me. And like everyone, I will be hoping they can win the gold."

The decision will come as a shock to the British Olympic Association and the London Organising Committee.

The LA Galaxy player had hoped to appear in the Great Britain side at Wembley and Old Trafford, his former home ground, and had been watched by Pearce in the United States last week.

Beckham is still expected to attend the Olympics and may have a role at the opening ceremony, having been part of the team that secured the right to stage the Games in the 2005 vote.

He added: "As a Londoner, I have been really proud to have played a small part in bringing the Olympics to my home town, and I can't wait for the Games to begin." Read More

هل تريد وضع المحتوى السابق فى موقعك او مدونتك مجانا؟؟
انسخ الكود التالى و ضعه فى موقعك او مدونتك.

موضوعات عشوائية

الارشيف