برنامج Hotspot Shield | برنامج Internet Download Manager | برنامج كاسبر سكاى | برنامج جوجل كروم | تحميل فايرفوكس

• Graham managed Limpar at Arsenal between 1990 and 1994
• 'After four years he did not even shake my hand'

Anders Limpar has said that playing for George Graham at Arsenal was like "living in Iraq under Saddam [Hussein]". The former Gunners player, who won five trophies during four years in north London, including the league title in 1991, added that the Scotsman did not even shake his hand after telling him he would not be offered a new contract.

"George Graham's regime was like living in Iraq under Saddam [Hussein]," Limpar told Aftonbladet TV. "He was disgusting. You would turn up for training one day and he would call [one player] into his "room", although it wasn't a room because everyone could hear what he was saying. Then he [Graham] would say: 'I have sold you to Leeds.' So the player replies: 'I don't want to join Leeds.' Graham then says: 'Well, you just have to pack your bag and leave.'

"What a swine. I have never seen a guy like that [player]. Tears running down his cheeks. Had been at Arsenal since he was 16. I think it was Leeds he was sold to."

Limpar joined the Gunners from Cremonese in 1990 and scored 20 goals in 116 appearances. He became a fans' favourite at Highbury and scored a goal from 40 yards against Liverpool in 1992. However, in 1994, Graham decided to let Limpar go and the Swede is scathing about how the manager handled the situation.

"He sold me in April with my contract running out in May," Limpar said. "No talk of extending the contract, just 'bye bye'. I said: 'I would like to carry on playing for Arsenal and sign a new deal', to which he replied: 'No you are not."

"So I said: 'But I've won so many titles in four years for you, is that not enough?' So we went in to his office and I had my agent with me and Graham is talking and says: 'I have a really good offer from Manchester City so you are going there.'

"So I realised that I was leaving the club, extended my hand to shake his hand and said: 'Well, thanks for four years then.' And then he just swivelled round on his chair and stared into the wall. So after four years he did not even shake my hand. We started driving towards Manchester but then we had a phone call from Everton, spoke to them and joined Everton in the end."

Limpar, who won the FA Cup with Everton in 1995 and played for Birmingham City, Colorado Rapids and several clubs in Sweden before retiring in March 2001, was also asked whether he had met Graham since leaving Arsenal. "Have I met Graham afterwards?" he said. "Several times. He is his usual self, arrogant." Read More

هل تريد وضع المحتوى السابق فى موقعك او مدونتك مجانا؟؟
انسخ الكود التالى و ضعه فى موقعك او مدونتك.

موضوعات عشوائية

الارشيف