برنامج Hotspot Shield | برنامج Internet Download Manager | برنامج كاسبر سكاى | برنامج جوجل كروم | تحميل فايرفوكس

18-year-old picked by Roy Hodgson for Euro 2012 squad
• 'It's a massive honour… I'm absolutely buzzing'

The Arsenal teenager Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain said his call-up to the England squad for Euro 2012 feels "surreal", but he is ready to seize his chance in Poland and Ukraine.

The 18-year-old was included in the England manager Roy Hodgson's 23-strong squad for next month's European Championships after impressing during his debut season at Arsenal, having signed from Southampton last summer.

"I'm obviously delighted," he told Arsenal's website. "To be picked for your country at any stage is a massive honour and to be at a huge tournament likes the Euros is such a bonus.

"I would have probably laughed if someone had told me I would be in the Euro 2012 a year ago. Obviously you would like to think that and it is what you aim towards but sometimes you have to be realistic and realise it might take a little bit longer than that.

"So for everything to happen as quickly as it has, it has been surreal and I don't think it has really sunk in properly yet. I know I haven't made it and I have a long way to go but this is the first step in what I hope to be a long and successful international career."

The winger, who has also played at Under-21 level this season, admitted the call from Hodgson came as a surprise, but said he is determined to make an impact during the competition and win his first senior England cap.

"I got a call this [Wednesday] morning from the manager and he just explained it to me then – that was about two hours before it was announced. He said it was down to merit and I just have to prove him right.

"I am just looking forward to going there, learning from all the experienced players, training with them and trying my hand at everything. I am absolutely buzzing.

"I will just try and make things happen, although I know there are other players who can do that. It will just be nice to get the opportunity and I will see what I can do.

"I think I play with no fear, I run at players regardless of who they are and try to make a difference. I have a youthful enthusiasm and I am so excited about this that I will try and take any opportunity with both hands.

"It is a good opportunity for me to go and learn from everyone and if I do get a chance, work as hard as I can to make an impression and prove myself." Read More

هل تريد وضع المحتوى السابق فى موقعك او مدونتك مجانا؟؟
انسخ الكود التالى و ضعه فى موقعك او مدونتك.

موضوعات عشوائية

الارشيف