برنامج Hotspot Shield | برنامج Internet Download Manager | برنامج كاسبر سكاى | برنامج جوجل كروم | تحميل فايرفوكس

• Striker ponders move to MLS
• Voronin also quits Ukraine

The Ukraine striker Andriy Shevchenko has announced he will retire from international football after his country's elimination from Euro 2012, following their 1-0 defeat to England on Tuesday.

He was joined by the former Liverpool striker Andriy Voronin who suggested that he was too old to play for both club and country.

Shevchenko, widely acknowledged as the finest player Ukraine has produced since independence from the Soviet Union, told reporters he intends to say his farewell in a friendly game before standing down from the national team.

"It was my last official game for Ukraine. A bit later on I will arrange a farewell game to say goodbye to supporters," he said. "What are my plans now? I simply want to go home and put my arms around my kids and kiss my wife."

The 35-year-old, who is his country's record goalscorer with 48 goals in 111 appearances, started on the bench against England due to a knee injury. He began the tournament in grand style, scoring both goals in the co-hosts's 2-1 comeback victory over Sweden.

Shevchenko was European Footballer of the Year in 2004, the first and only Ukrainian to win the award, and was Ukrainian Footballer of the Year on six occasions. The striker's current deal with Dynamo Kyiv, the club where he began his career before moving to Milan, is due to expire in July and he has expressed interest in a move to North America's Major League Soccer.

Voronin said: "I am leaving the Ukraine team. I took this decision in advance. I have chosen to focus on a club career because I am not young enough to combine both roles." Voronin, who turns 33 next month, has scored eight goals in 74 games for Ukraine. Read More

هل تريد وضع المحتوى السابق فى موقعك او مدونتك مجانا؟؟
انسخ الكود التالى و ضعه فى موقعك او مدونتك.

موضوعات عشوائية

الارشيف